Monday, September 14, 2009

Afternoon Showers

Things I like: eggs
Things I don't like: messing up my eggs so that the yolk breaks. I take a lot of pride in my ability to prepare eggs. Sometimes it can be crushing to my ego to mess up my flip.

Something else I like: the most awesome cake ever that I made yesterday. It's called Easiest Best Chocolate Mousse Cake. Mmmn...

Note the ingredients:

1 lb. bittersweet chocolate
2 sticks butter
8 eggs


Yeah, you read that correctly.

And I for one have died and gone to heaven. It even partly makes up for my badly fried egg.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How do you make this cake!?? I'm not a fan of eggs, myself, and my Bradley instructor keeps getting after me. I'm supposed to have 2 a day. But if I could have them in cake form..... oh yeah...I could do that.

Logan said...

All you do is chop the chocolate and melt it in a double boiler with the butter. Whisk smooth, and remove from heat, cool to barely warm. You lightly beat the eggs to break them up. Then whisk them into the chocolate mixture. Pour batter into a greased springform pan and place the pan in a roasting pan filled with a 1/2inch of hot water. (It's a good idea to line the outside of the springform pan with foil so water doesn't seep in.) Bake in the water bath for 30 minutes at 350 until set on the edges but still wobbly in the middle. Carefully remove from roasting pan and let cool on wire rack, cover with plastic wrap and let set in the fridge overnight. Voila!

Be careful, it's so rich you can only eat it in tiny pieces. But sooo good. You could probably use semisweet chocolate too but then it wouldn't be quite as awesome.

Hey, Bradley is the best! Eric and I love their method and their diet produces very healthy chubby babies.

Kelly said...

Logan, I share in your frustration w/ flips-gone-wrong. I too take great pride in my poaching.

That cake sounds dangerously amazing.