Friday, September 26, 2008

Life in the Logan-verse

Well new for me is my position as barista-of-the-morning at Hot Rocks Java cafe. Now I rise as early as "in the fours" to go make lattes and such for the lovely folk at Los Alamos National Lab. I'm actually delighted with my little job (even though I get up at hours I didn't actually believe existed ) and I enjoy all the seemingly trite aspects of this new adventure. People are so friendly here and I think its fun to start their day off with a smile and a warm brew. I beam with pride when a customer complements a drink I crafted for him. The people I work with are great too, and help me feel better adjusted to being here. I never knew I had missed my true calling in life.

In other news, today we saw a parade. I've had "it's a parade, it's a parade, it's a parade, it's a parade..." (to the monotone mar-lu ditty) running through my head all day. Anyways, the whole town I believe turned out for this parade, actually, let's say half--and the other half were in it. It was pretty cute, especially since the only occasion warranting the event was the highschool's homecoming. This town is small, let me stress, and pleasantville. We got quite a kick out of it. Babies were unenthused and fell asleep. I ate smarties.

Also exciting, we're under contract for the house we were scouting. HURRAY! I can't wait to move in, I want to finally be somewhere I can unpack and make a home and know I won't have to move again for a loooonnnnnng time.

1 comment:

littlebook said...

Congratulations on finding a home! I love reading about your adventures. Let me know your new address when you know it so I can start sending fun things in the mail. :o)

Love,
Nina