Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Babies are like Goats

Babies are like goats... they'll eat anything. Yesterday Helena and James discovered that the leaves of our ficus come off when you pull on them. In addition to us discovering leaves in various random places throughout our home, the little kiddies tried to eat them. When Helena tried to put a leaf in her mouth, I sternly told her no. She proceeded to try to replace the leaf by holding it up to the plant again, hoping it would somehow reattach...

in other news, it seems that many of our friends are either pregnant now or recently gave birth. Babies are contagious, I guess.

3 comments:

surf girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
surf girl said...

okay i donno what just happened with that last comment, but what i was going to say is

like i always told dad, "dads can fix anything except for flowers and plants." maybe helena will learn that soon.

Unknown said...

when my little brother Garrett and I were about 2ish (he's 19 months younger) my mom found us under the kitchen sink where she kept the onions, peeling them- all of them. She scolded us firmly, and left the room (to get the broom, i guess- or one of the other kids was acting up). When she came back, I had the elmar's glue, and we were trying to glue the skins back on.

I think we ate onion soup for a week. :)

Also, I totally blame the Hornes for our current status. :) Babies are quite contagious! We hear the heartbeat on Tuesday!