Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dabbling in the flower arts

I've been wanting to post pictures for a while of the flower ladies' work. Sometime last year the position coordinating the Mass flowers opened up and I had secretly been wanting to try my hand at this job so I leaped at the opportunity. I had some ideas for increasing the scale of arrangements and after I took over I found myself in a position that came with LOTS of freedom. I scoured books on floristry from the library, including ILLs and certainly have learned a few tricks of the trade. Over the year a few other very talented women have joined in and every week we have a great time trying to create worthy arrangements for our Church. It's definitely been an awesome creative outlet, and a privilege to work with such wonderful artists who help bring all my visions to bloom (so to speak).
Small altar vase for mission church by Logan.
Offertory vase by Ceci.
Deconstruction.
Rosary table vase by Logan.
This one was being ornery for Sue.
Sue showing that freesia who's boss.
One of the main altar arrangements.