Thursday, February 12, 2009

spoon fighting

As they have grown up, we have had to place the babies' chairs further apart. If they are too close, one might steal from the other (peas! let me have some of yours!) or one might try to unload something they don't like onto the other's tray. today they learned how to bridge that gap.

Breakfast for the babies is usually eggs or oatmeal, and maybe a little fruit. Both are easy to make, although the oatmeal can get a little messy. Today I had my back to the babies as they ate their oatmeal, and I heard the clink clink of silverware coming together. Turning around, I see the babies have each reached across the divide and are are pirates dueling on the gangplank, or knights on the field of battle, or whatever it is they were imagining. (probably something along the lines of "hey, let's hit spoons together!")

1 comment:

surf girl said...

i cannot wait until they watch star wars. more inspiration for such wonderful occurrences!